Monday, May 24, 2010

English12


This class was absolutely AMAZING. I loved every single minute of it. Whoever put me in this class, to you I am grateful. On my first day, I was told I was to be making a video game. I had no idea of what I was getting myself into. In the beginning, we made a g-mail account, a Wiki, and a blog. This was only the beginning.

Our next venture was when we began flash. We started out with a mini game and went over a bunch of tutorials that we had no clue what they were talking about. We had to chose a partner to work on our project with and I chose Jeremiah. I initially chose him because he seemed to be good as the confusing flash code.

When we were first told we were making a game we thought we were going to make some cool sports game, but then we were told we had to do it on a social issue. We chose littering in WV. We first got our game rolling when we had to make a paper prototype. We designed what our game would look like then videoed a module of it. We started out ahead of everyone else because I have had quite a bit of computer experience. This was nothing to what I had coming.

The first part of the game I really caught onto was buttons. This was pretty easy. then came the animation, this was not so easy. I was literally stuck on one part of my game for a month!. Come to find out, i gave leeway for everyone else so that they would not get stuck on the same thing I did because it was a crucial part of the production of any game.

Once I got past being stuck, my mind just went crazy. Everyday a new element was added to my game. I would get so excited every time I got a new part of my game to work, it was such a relief. It became fun for me too add new things because it would be so cool when they actually. worked. I wish I would have had for time for my final product. I wanted to add more animation and sound to my game, but I was limited by time. if it weren't for that month of being stuck, I think I could have definitely gotten more accomplished.

It was fun presenting. I felt proud of what I had made and proud to show the Globaloria people of what I had done with the experience they gave to me. This class is definitely in one of my top five favorite classes ever. I love things that have to do with computers and technology. I love new experiences because I usually catch onto things well.

I even enjoyed the actual English parts of this class because we did it in a very non traditional way. This class was a great way to end my senior year. I learned so much in this class that I am positive I will take with me. Thank you Chez for helping whenever you could and giving us the encouragement we needed. A HUGE thank you to Meredith, i could have never done any of it without you. And thanks to Globaloria for giving our school this awesome experience!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the class as much as you did. You really have a knack for coding and flash drawing. Impressive! Good luck in college. Drop a line now and then.

    Chez

    ReplyDelete